I usually don't do a "Spring" mantel. I usually just do my St Patrick's Day one and then move on to Easter.
But this year I decided to just change up my St Patrick's mantel a little bit and make it a "Spring Mantel".
I just had to remove the leprechauns, the clover and the St Paddy's day prints. I also changed out the urns.
I found 2 matching urns at the thrift store a few months ago. I spray painted them Heirloom white. I still want to glaze them. But you know how lazy I am, besides being a procrastinator. So maybe I'll finish them by next spring.
I accidentally left this urn outside and it got wet in this weekends rain. But I love the result. It made the paint all chippy. Now I need to leave the one on the other side outside next time it rains.
The spring wreath in the middle came from Michael's about 5 years ago. I still love it.
The spring banner was a free printable from at Second Street. I didn't embellish it. Again, it's that laziness/procrastination thing I have going on. Besides, I'll probably change it this weekend for Easter.
I've had the topiaries for a few years now. I got them for $5.00 each at an antique store.
The terra cota birds came from ABC Distributing. I've had them about 5 years now too. The one on the left is actually broken. The bottom half broke off from being outside 11 months of the year. But you can't really tell since it was the bottom 1/4 of him that broke off. He just sits lower.
I didn't buy anything new for my spring mantel. Just used what I had.
Only the "Spring" banner was new this year. And that was a free printable. Plus I already had the printer ink and the paper.
So this mantel cost me "not one stinking penny". And that puts a smile on my face.
I'll enjoy this mantel for probably a week. Time to start thinking about Easter.